Pages

Thursday 27 December 2012

Life is a series of choices...



السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم


Saturday, 22nd Dec 2012, I sat for my last paper in Diploma in Usuluddin which I pursued since 2010, filling me with mixed emotions. In those 3 years I love being able to increase my knowledge in Islamic studies, whilst at the same time I can’t help but feeling sad as I do not know on how best to utilize that knowledge.

Norman Juster once quoted "You can swim all day in the Sea of Knowledge and still come out completely dry. Most people do."

I have yet to decide on what to do next…should I continue with PhD that was put-off since 2008, or should I continue with a Bachelor in Usuluddin.  Some friends are keen to continue in the field of Syariah, some are interested in pursuing a certificate in Arabic language, some wanted to master the reciting of the Quran, some who wanted to “top-up” their credit at Darul Hikmah, and there are also some who just wished to “chill”.

For me, follow whatever field as long as it is beneficial and we sit in the council that speaks the name of Allah,   إن شاء الله   blessing and grace of God is always with us. Where we study and the area of specializations is not important. The most important is the prior knowledge of who we are and what we are after getting knowledge. 

Taking advantage of the long weekend will be my best utilized to evaluate the courses that I want to choose to study next. Perhaps Allah will make easy.




Khodi and me on our last day @ APIUM, 22nd Dec 2012


3 comments:

  1. Salam k Asma. Mazlin ni. Lama x dgr berita. Baru jumpa blog k Asma sbb browse nama arwah k norli. Saya baru tahu hari ini dia dah kembali bertemu Allah. al fatihah...

    What can I say.... Follow your heart, k Asma. Do what you feel most contented. :-)

    Saya buat apa yg penting dlm hidup saya, walaupun org lain fikir apa yg saya buat mungkin x begitu bermakna bagi mereka. But i feel contented. Itulah rezki Allah kepada saya. Alhamdulillah...

    all the best k asma! :-) Gambattene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wa'alaikumusalam Mazlin. Ya, lama kita tak bersua muka. Harap Mazlin & family sihat selalu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take time to reflect upon what really matters in your life. Discern the difference between what you want and what you need in your life. Choosing what you need is your ‘soul path’, although what we need may not necessarily be what we want.

    ReplyDelete